The Wyoming Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the Wyoming Business Council, is developing a Statewide Rail Plan (SRP). This plan will be developed with help from agencies and the public and will provide direction for future freight and passenger rail transportation policy in our state. Priorities adopted by the plan will be based on the common interests of stakeholders statewide. When completed, the SRP will also serve as the foundation for federal funding requests to maintain and improve Wyoming’s railroads.
The SRP may include discussion of the following topics:
- What has been the role of rail in Wyoming?
- What is the future role of rail in Wyoming?
- Trends and forecasts
- Rail Service needs and opportunities
- Proposed passenger freight rail improvements and investments
- Wyoming’s long range rail service and investment program
We look forward to hearing your thoughts about the direction for rail systems and services in Wyoming.
Survey Now Available
Miss the Meeting?
Wyoming Statewide Rail Plan Public Meeting
If you missed the public meeting, which was held Tuesday, October 8th in Casper, you can still stay informed by viewing the presentation and other information online.
– More Details –